- 1 Creative Commons Explained
- 2 ccLearn
- 3 Developer
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Integration Best Practices
- 6 Legal
- 7 Mailing list archives
- 8 Marking
- 9 Metrics
- 10 Projects
- 11 Staff Contributions
- 12 Technical Documentation
- 13 White Papers
- 14 Help Translate Documents
- 15 Help Create Documents!
Creative Commons Explained
Documents that aim to explain CC and licensing.
About Creative Commons
- What is Creative Commons? flyer (pdf) (scribd.com)
- What is Creative Commons? (pdf) (scribd.com)
- What is Creative Commons? detailed (pdf) (created for the Pooling Ideas competition)
- Benefits of Creative Commons (pdf)
- Encouraging the Ecology of Creativity (pdf) (scribd.com)
Using the Creative Commons Licences
- How To License poster (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Creative Commons Licences Explained (pdf)
- Quick Guide to the Creative Commons Licences (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Creative Commons Licensing Flowchart (pdf) (scribd.com)
- Licensing and Marking Your Content (pdf) (scribd.com)
Using Creative Commons Content
- Finding Creative Commons Material (pdf) (created for the Pooling Ideas competition)
- Attributing Creative Commons Material (pdf) (created for the Pooling Ideas competition)
- Sharing Creative Works Comics - A general introduction to copyright and CC licensing (scribd.com)
- CC Videos
- CC Comics
- What status for open? An examination of the licensing policies of open educational organizations and projects (ccLearn site) (Scribd)
ccLearn Step by Step Guides
- Increase Funding Impact (pdf - ccLearn site) (Scribd)
- Publishing Your Open Educational Resources on the Internet (pdf - ccLearn site) (Scribd)
Open Ed Outreach and Awareness Raising
Creative Commons fact sheets for Educators
- What is Creative Commons? for educators
- How to Attribute Creative Commons Licensed Material for educators
- How to Find Creative Commons Licensed Material for educators
- A Quick Reference Guide to Finding Creative Commons Material for educators
- Creative Commons Australia Education Infopack - including fact sheets, work sheets, videos and powerpoint slides
- Developers - Documentation for software developers.
- FAQ - Important documentation of frequently asked CC questions.
Integration Best Practices
- Web Integration
- Application Integration
- Desktop Integration
Mailing list archives
- Marking - How to properly mark various media with Creative Commons licenses.
- Metadata - an overview of Creative Commons metadata
- Attributing Creative Commons Material
- Metrics in progress to assess CC-license adoption
- License Statistics
- Statistics from the CC Monitor Project (pdf)
- Taking Stock of the CC Experiment (pdf)
- License Use Five Years On (pdf)
How do Creative Commons and Commercial entities work together to get artists and companies paid? CC+ is an effort to address that.
- CC+ press release (pdf) (scribd.com)
- CC+ Overview (pdf) | (scribd.com)
- CC+ Technical Implementation (pdf) (scribd.com)
- "How Creative Commons licenses can interact with commerce" video (blip.tv) (script)
- Explore CC conference participation.
- Explore staff presentations and slideshows online!
Help Translate Documents
Please help CC translate these documents into other languages. For the documents written in English already uploaded to this site, we've included the standardized 3-character language code, ISO 639-2. For example, the Web Integration PDF is labeled "Creativecommons-webintegration_eng.pdf". A Japanese translation of the same document would be labeled "Creativecommons-webintegration_jpn.pdf".
Available translations can be found at Translate/Documentation.
Help Create Documents!
How do you see CC? While these documents can exist on this wiki just fine and is a great way to get started, below is a package consisting of the Scribus document and files necessary to make documentation. Please post up any of your creations on this page!
Please help us complete these!
Teaching Creative Commons
How should you go about teaching Creative Commons ideas to a general audience?
Creative Commons in the classroom
Creative Commons Overview for your Company
An overview of Creative Commons for a company.