wpLicense is a plugin for WordPress which allows users to select a Creative Commons license for their blog and content. In addition to the administration interface, wpLicense provides three template functions which may be used to insert the license information into templates. wpLicense was developed by Nathan Yergler and is licensed under the GNU GPL version 2.
- PHP 4 or PHP 5
allow_url_fopenenabled (to allow retrieval of web service information)
- The latest release is wpLicense 0.5.2; previous releases are available from the download page.
- The source code can be downloaded from the Darcs repository at http://darcs.yergler.net/repos/wpLicense/
- WpLicense Function Reference PHP functions which may be used in non-standard templates to include license information
- WpLicense Release History
- When allow_url_fopen is not enabled, wpLicense will silently fail
The wpLicense code base may be divided into three major components:
- the admin interface (wpLicense.php)
- the web services wrapper (the wpLicense directory)
- the visual effects library (Behaviour and Script.aculo.us)
The following features need to be implemented:
- support for including license information in WordPress feeds