This is a page for critical documentation about large scale CC specifications, recommendations, white papers, tutorials and other pieces that need to be written to explain various facets of Creative Commons across the board. Help us review the documentation here. Help us create new documents too!
- 1 Developer
- 2 FAQ
- 3 Integration Best Practices
- 4 Mailing list archives
- 5 Marking
- 6 Metrics
- 7 Projects
- 8 Promotional
- 9 Technical Documentation
- 10 White Papers
- 11 Help Create Documents!
- Developer - Documentation for software developers.
- FAQ - Important documentation of frequently asked CC questions.
Integration Best Practices
Mailing list archives
- Visual/Audio Marking - How to properly mark various media with Creative Commons licenses.
- Metadata Marking - The primary focus of this article is machine-readable metadata
- Metrics in progress to assess CC-license adoption
- License Statistics
- "CC Statistics from CC-Monitor Project" (pdf)
- "Taking Stock of the Creative Commons Experiment..." (pdf)
- "Creative Commons license use five years on" (pdf)
How does Creative Commons and Commercial entities work together to get artists and companies paid?
- CC+ is the home for this effort.
Podcasting Legal Guide
Documents that aim to explain CC and licensing.
- General Information about Creative Commons (pdf)
- What is CC? poster (pdf)
- How to license poster (pdf)
- Simple Licensing infodoc (pdf)
- Sharing Creative Works Comics - A general introduction to copyright and CC licensing
- "Encouraging the Ecology of Creativity" info guide (pdf)
- CC Videos
- CC Comics
Help Create Documents!
How do you see CC? While these documents can exist on this wiki just fine and is a great way to get started, below is a package consisting of the Scribus document and files necessary to make documentation. Please post up any of your creations on this page!
- Information page framework (Scribus source file)
Please help us complete these!
Teaching Creative Commons
How should you go about teaching Creative Commons ideas to a general audience?
Creative Commons in the classroom
Creative Commons Overview for your Company
An overview of Creative Commons for a company.