The Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF) is an independent federal agency created by the U.S. Congress in December 2000 and funded annually by the U.S. Government. Its mission is to strengthen the U.S.-Vietnam bilateral relationship through educational exchanges in science and technology.
VEF is governed by a Board of Directors including 3 U.S. Cabinet Members (the Secretaries of State, Treasury, and Education), 2 U.S. Senators and 2 Representatives, and 6 Presidential appointees. VEF headquarters is located in the Washington D.C. area, with a representative field office in Hanoi, Vietnam.
VEF has been highly successful in rapidly achieving its mission of educational exchange and capacity building in science, engineering, mathematics, medicine, and technology for Vietnam while building the bilateral relationship between the United States and Vietnam. Since operations in March 2003, VEF achievements as of Fall 2009 include the following:
Established in 1992, D&N International is a leading private law firm in Vietnam providing a wide range of intellectual property services to local and foreign clients. Through nearly two decades together with its client support, D&N International has matured from a partnership of only two patent and trademark attorneys to a premier law firm with nation-wide presence and a representative office in France. Its business philosophy is to maintain the highest professional standards whilst providing clients with practical advice that adds value to their business.
DIRECTION & ACTION PLAN
1. GENERAL DIRECTION
1.1. Setting up CC Vietnam (CCV) to be a strong organization and an active member of the global system of CC
1.2. Focusing CCV to community activities such as
- stimulating creative activities,
- strengthening common knowledge on Intellectual property rights and taking part in the development of IPR protection,
- supporting education, training, research & development and other cultural activities,
- international integration through the global system of CC
2. ACTIVITY PLAN
- organizing the staff of CCV for the first 03 months from part-time fellows and associates for transition from phase 1 into immediate operation,
- setting up the Southern Task Force (located in Ho Chi Minh City) for public communication on common understanding of, and information for recruiting members to, CCV,
- strengthening the staff from April to the end of 2010 with competent professional fellows with ability in foreign language,
- In 2010 minimum 300 members for CCV, preferably from the national priority sectors such as informatics research & development, biotechnologies, urban & rural architecture, vocational education and training.
- Recruiting source : VAYSE, VIPA, VIETRRO (Vietnam Reproduction Rights Organization); VUSTA FPT University, National University Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Academy of Science & Technology.
2.3. Public communication and information on CCV activities
- transfer creativecommons.vn domain and launch website
- seminar and workshop on Young Intellectuals Community and CCV,
- communication and information for the executive and party organizations/branches,
- communication and information for Vietnam Academy of Science & Technology, National Institute of Sociology, National University Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi National Polytechnics, FPT University.
- communication and information for VUSTA, Vietnam Union of Literatures and Arts
- CCV on mass media : Internets, electronic website, face book, etc. major newspapers & radios (IP Magazine, TV programs).
- 2010 Focus : in Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City
3. FUNDING :
- Planning for funding using experiences from other CC organizations.
- Collecting support from 02 companies.
- Collecting fees from cooperation with VIETRRO
- Collecting fees from advertisement and publications on CCV website.
The funding shall cover minimum expenses for CCV activities
Phương hướng và kế hoach triển khai hoạt động của CC Việt Nam
1. Xây dựng CC Việt Nam thành một tổ chức mạnh và là thành viên tích cực trong hệ thống CC toàn cầu.
2. CC Việt Nam là một cộng đồng năng động, tích cực tham gia các hoạt động xã hội chủ yếu như:
1. Tổ chức bộ máy của CC Việt Nam:
2. Tập hợp thành viên:
3. Tổ chức truyền thông, nâng cao nhận thức của xã hội về hoạt động của CC Việt Nam: