Government adoption strategies
- European Public Sector Information Platform Topic Report: Creative Commons and Public Sector Information, Report no. 23 (published 11th February 2011), Authors: Timothy Vollmer and Diane Peters (CC) at http://epsiplatform.eu/content/topic-report-no-23-creative-commons-and-public-sector-information-flexible-tools-support-p-0
- European Commission, 2005, First evaluation of Directive 96/9/EC on the legal protection of databases, DG Internal Market and Services Working Paper, http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/copyright/docs/databases/evaluation_report_ en.pdf (showing that EU database creation had declined since introduction of the Directive, whilst it had continued to rise in the US, undermining the rationale for the right in the first place).
- Fitzgerald, Anne M., Hooper, Neale, & Fitzgerald, Brian F. (2010) The use of Creative Commons licensing to enable open access to public sector information and publicly funded research results : an overview of recent Australian developments. In Bourcier, Danièle, Casanovas, Pompeu, Dulong de Rosnay, Mélanie, & Maracke, Catharina (Eds.) Intelligent Multimedia : Managing Creative Works in a Digital World. European Press Academic Publishing , pp. 151-174 at http://eprints.qut.edu.au/34143/ Kata Mutiara.
- Fitzgerald, Anne M., Fitzgerald, Brian F., & Hooper, Neale (2010) Enabling open access to public sector information with Creative Commons Licences : the Australian experience. In Access to Public Sector Information : Law, Technology & Policy. Sydney University Press at http://eprints.qut.edu.au/29773/.
- CIPPIC has just released To Share or to Share-alike? a brief study that analyzes Share-Alike obligations in Canadian municipal open data portals, at http://www.cippic.ca/sites/default/files/CIPPIC%20-%20Analysis%20of%20Share-alike%20Obligations.pdf
England & Wales
- JISC Practical Guide to Licensing Open Data at http://discovery.ac.uk/files/pdf/Licensing_Open_Data_A_Practical_Guide.pdf
- JISC comparison of CC with OGL at http://www.jisclegal.ac.uk/ManageContent/ManageContent/tabid/243/ID/2047/Can-works-licensed-under-an-OGL-Open-Government-Licence-be-used-as-part-of-an-OER.aspx Health Center
- (2005): http://www.intrallect.com/index.php/intrallect/knowledge_base/general_articles
- (2011) Digital Opportunity: A review of intellectual property and growth (Hargreaves Report) May 2011 at http://www.ipo.gov.uk/ipreview-finalreport.pdf
- (2011) HMG response to Hargreaves at http://www.info4local.gov.uk/documents/publications/1958983
- Studies in the NL (2007): http://www.ivir.nl/publications/eechoud/CC_PublicSectorInformation_report_v3.pdf
- New Zealand's State Services Commission on its information/data policies: http://ict.govt.nz/guidance-and-resources/information-and-data/nzgoal
- New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing framework (NZGOAL): http://ict.govt.nz/programme/opening-government-data-and-information/nzgoal/development-nzgoal
- Open Government Information and Data Re-use Project -- Suggested All-of-government Approach to Licensing of Public Sector Copyright Works: Discussion Paper for Public Service ***and Non-Public Service Departments; and Summary and Analysis of Department Feedback (on the Discussion Paper).