Catalyst Campaign Fundraising Toolkit
Everything in the fundraising toolkit is translatable - including the graphics. Feel free to mix and match the different tools and adapt them for your blog and social networks.
Letter Asking for Support
Dear <First Name>,
As a supporter of Creative Commons, you recognize the importance of what we do to make knowledge easily, freely, and legally available to everyone.
We are excited to announce the Catalyst Grants program, through which we will be awarding grants of $1000 to $10,000 to researchers, educators and technologists around the world. Grant recipients will be selected through a rigorous public review and transparent evaluation process involving representatives from CC’s affiliate institutions.
Catalyst Grants will make it possible for individuals and organizations to harness the power of Creative Commons. A grant might enable a group in a developing country to research how Open Educational Resources can positively impact its community. Another could pay for a programmer to add CC license support to tools for publishing and distributing news. A third could fund a study of entrepreneurs using Creative Commons licenses to create a new class of socially responsible businesses.
But we can’t do it without your help. Our goal is to raise $100,000 from CC supporters like you to fund the Catalyst Grants. Please donate today to help spread our mission of openness and innovation across cultural and national boundaries: https://support.creativecommons.org/donate
Personal Campaign Profiles
Personal campaign profiles are an excellent way for you or your group to raise awareness and funds for the Catalyst Grants Program, since people can donate directly from your profile. Once you've created your page, you can link to it in emails, blog posts, and tweets and encourage your friends and networks to donate and support the Campaign.
1. Check out this example profile for reference and feel free to use the text for your own page.
2. Register by creating a username and entering email address, first name, last name. You will then be able to create your profile, which will remain inactive until we've verified.
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can verify your account. We'll let you know when your profile is active, so you can begin spreading the word!
Support CC Button
Place this button on your website or blog to show your support of CC and to encourage others to do the same!
Help spread the word about the Catalyst Grants Program with these banners. SVG versions available for you to create localized versions.
Insert our donation widget into your blog or website, so people can donate to the Catalyst Campaign in just a couple of clicks. Learn how here.
There are three ways to give to the Catalyst Campaign.
1. Make an online donation using credit card, Google Checkout account, or PayPal account on the donate page.
2. Send a check, payable to Creative Commons, to:
171 Second Street Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94105
3. Send a wire transfer (recommended for donations USD500 or greater). For wire information, please contact melissa[at]creativecommons.org
Other ways to support the Catalyst Campaign
- Online store - CC T-shirts, stickers, buttons, and lapel pins.