What we done in 2014-2015.
It was offline and online activities:
- 29th of August’14 we opened the CC-affiliate in Belarus. It was meeting in university libraries with online bridge with CC activist John Weitzman and copyright researche Just Smirs.
- It was written the number of researching articles in online media (especially kv.by).
- Online and offline consultation by website owners and civil activists how to use CC for their purposes and mediums.
- The project “Tasty creativity”, which was created at summer’2014, participated in SocialWeekEnd event during November’2014. The main aim of the deal to reform the copyright and clearly implement free licences.
- The Deeds & Choosers were translated for CC-website in February’2015.
- The affiliate took part in the open education week with discussion in Belarusian States University.
- We have several presentations on local events and abroad (i.e. lvee.org or copycamp.pl)
- It was established communication with Ukrainian Creative Commons team.
- OpenData Day (February’2015) activity with two presentation about law unclearance and challenges.
- The campaign for popularisin CC license was started at January’2015. It was entitled as Wikification
Our purposes 2015-2016
Seed words about Creative Commons and help communities
- To prepare useful manuals in online for bloggers, authors, journalists how to implement Creative Commons licence on their works (2015).
- To create leaflets about the most popular Creative Commons Licenses for spreading these on related lectures and workshop (2015).
- To write articles about CC usage in the world and particular spheres (science, education, government, art) - (2015-2016).
Rise popularity of Creative Commons Licenses as a Free Culture Tool
- To implement competition among musicians who creates theirs tracks with free licenses (beginning of 2016).
- To make video(s) with celebrities and vip persons about free culture principles (2016).
- Rebranding our central CC-project in a crowdsourcing platform.
In law branch
- To develop draft about local copyright law changes (2-3 pages) and move it in public discussion (2016).
- To start online discussion and invite authorities, creators and netizens to discuss about the draft (2016).
- To translate six variants CC license legal code and Public Domain text.
What we expect
- Our supporter circles become more huge and different (institutions and individuals, especially creators and netizens)
- Awareness about CC-affiliate will increase and media will want to communicate with us more often. Our expertise in copyright issues will gain.
Last year we reduce pace on legal and international aspect of our activity and work with free licensing with grassroot projects. Such as a creating content (books) or providing assistance for creating content under CC BY-SA and intensify exchange with communities who (can) produce free content. It is less demanding for us and more tangible (in result dimension) volunteer activity.
About our this year activities
1. continuing of approach to help to develop or create grass root content projects. 2. prepare for customers (authors, musician etc) of the license simple and helpful manuals. 3. to organise some volunteer exchange, for increasinge absorptive capacity of our activity. 4. to develop public for community in social networks (FB and subscription)
Honestly, we monitor all discussions and call to action such as SOC, OER licence branch, PD day and others, but we have no source to react efficiently. We mean huge gap between high-developed affiliates such as Poland, Germany, US and like us where just 2-3 volunteers. And that is very hard to react immediately linked to deadlines on your agenda. I think overcoming of the devision should be a topic for discussion in European CC community meeting (if think not only European) in the year (2016).
What we seek
- Translator (for proof reading legal code)
- More writer and bloggers who will share CC ideas.
- Graphic designer and web-developer for leaflets and manuals producing.
- Organizers for public events such as presentation, photo or music competitions.
- Some funds for the printing, lawyer and foster above-mentioned activities.
- Untranslated legal texts of the license.
- Lack of simple interface between creators and the tool.
- Little volunteer pool in local CC team.
- Gap between us and high-developed affiliates (different agenda)
We would like to make new friends from neighbor affiliates or individuals. Next years we will increase volunteer exchange and invite people to our projects.
Belarusian_affiliate. Roadmap - 2014