2009 MERLOT International Conference
John Wilbanks, Vice President, Science Commons Project, Creative Commons will talk about, "Uncommon Knowledge and Open Innovation."
Dr. Wade Ellis, Jr., Mathematics Instructor Emeritus, West Valley College will speak on, "Inquiry-base Software MicroWorlds: Promoting Understanding and Retention of Concepts."
Dr. Carl Berger, Professor and Dean Emeritus, School of Education, University of Michigan will speak on, "Recognition, Reward and Tenure: You've got to be kidding!"
Highlighted Discipline is Mathematics and Statistics
Over 200 presentations covering many aspects of teaching with technology, including Learning Management Systems, Web 2.0 Technology, Social Networking Tools, Gaming, and many more.
Don't miss our exciting Pre-conference Sessions:
- iTunes U in Education
- Google Docs, Wikis, Blogs and other cool tools
- You Have Your Second Life Avatar. What's Next?
- Next Steps in Second Life: Creating Quality Experiences for You and Your Students
- The Networking of Micro-Communities to Advance Math and Science Instructional Excellence in High Need Schools
- Connecting Teachers, Students, & K-12 Curriculum in a Digital World; NASA and MERLOT Professional Development
- Interactive and Online/F2F: Brief Hybrids & MERLOT Meet Top Teaching and Learning with Technology Challenges
- Faculty Development Help for You
- Calling All Librarians
The MERLOT International Conference (MIC) is designed to foster learning, innovation and practice in the use of information, instruction, and communications technologies in higher education. It is the venue for educators, administrators, and technologists who have interests and expertise in technology-enabled teaching and learning and who recognize the need to remain current in this rapidly advancing field of educational practice and theory.
The MIC offers many opportunities for attendees to gain practical skills in the use of educational technologies through numerous interactive hands-on workshops led by peers and through industry-sponsored technology showcases. It is frequently in these practical workshops and demonstrations that refreshing new insights into applications of these technologies to higher education are gained.
Register Now - http://conference.merlot.org/2009/registration.html