The CC Salon is a monthly event focused on building a community of artists and developers around Creative Commons licenses, standards, and technology. The first event is set for San Francisco with intention for the idea to replicate in other locations internationally.
The format for each event is to encourage loose networking amongst participants with 2-3 brief presentations from individuals and groups developing interesting projects that relate to the Creative Commons.
The Next CC Salon is April 12, 2006
People interested in Creative Commons, copyright, Free Culture, Open Source, Art, Media, and Music
A local informal gathering of individuals around Creative Commons licenses, standards, and technology.
April 12, 2006, 6-9 PM
- During Event
- Drink & Talk
- Chat on #cc on irc.freenode.net
- wifi provided free
- 6:00-7:00 - Drinks, conversation, and music
- 7:00-7:05 - Welcome
- 7:00-7:15 - First presentation: James Polanco, http://www.fakescience.com, podcasting and fakescience music label
- 7:15-7:30 - Second presentation: ?
- 7:30-7:45 - Third presentation: Lucas Gonze, http://webjay.org/, http://gonze.com/weblog/ (45 min), "How the Net is Changing Music"
- A structured conversation about the unique features of net-native music.
- 7:45-8:00 - Wrap-up, questions, etc.
- 8:00-9:00 - More drinks, conversation, and music (provided by Minus Kelvin)
1337 Mission St, San Francisco, CA
To connect with and build a community of artists and developers who are working with Creative Commons licenses, standards, and technology.