Open Policy Institute/2012 Convening
The first convening of key stakeholders, funders, and leaders across various "open" domains to plan an Open Policy Institute will take place on October 3-5, 2012. This meeting will be held jointly with the School of Open, an initiative with overlapping aims.
- 51 Vista Lane, Stanford, CA 94305
- Google map
Since the venue does not have parking, we are providing a shuttle for both out-of-town and local participants from the Hotel Avante. Local participants may also choose to take a taxi or get dropped off at the Carnegie Foundation at their own expense.
- 860 East El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040
- Google map
Hotel check-in time is after 3pm on Oct 3 and check-out is by 12pm on Oct 5.
Ground Transportation options
Participants will cover their own incidental expenses including ground transportation to/from airport and parking.
To/From San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- SuperShuttle: ~$19 per person each way. Anywhere from 35-75 minutes.
- RJ Travels car service: $47 each way. ~15 minutes. Reference Creative Commons when booking for this discounted price. :Contact is “Judge” (408-483-1313; http://www.rjtravels.com/).
- Taxi: $40-50 each way. ~15 minutes.
To/From San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- SuperShuttle: ~$35 per person each way. Anywhere from 50-90 minutes.
- RJ Travels car service: $80 each way. ~30 minutes. Reference Creative Commons when booking for this discounted price. Contact is “Judge” :(408-483-1313; http://www.rjtravels.com/).
- Taxi: $100-130 each way. ~30 minutes.
Public transportation (not recommended) We do not recommend taking public transportation due to the length of time and amount of transfers required, especially if you are unfamiliar with the area. However, for the more adventurous, the following public transit routes are available.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
5:45 PM - Shuttles from Hotel to Dinner
6:00 PM - Dinner at Vaso Azurro
7:30 PM - Shuttles back to Hotel