Musicians and CC
- Copyright Friendly - A long list of copyright friendly music resources. Take a look!
- Open Music Search - search for Copyleft, Creative Commons, Open Source, and Public Domain works in music
- Freesound.org collaborative database for Creative Commons Licensed sounds. Good for sound effects such as ambient noises, synthesized sounds and sounds produced by musical instruments.
- Soundcloud - Soundcloud is an online audio distribution platform which allows collaboration, promotion and distribution of audio recordings with Creative Commons licenses as an option.
- Jamendo - Jamendo is a music website and a community for free and legal music downloads under Creative Commons licenses. Includes an additional pro-shop, where companies can pay artists for commerical use of their music.
- ccMixter is a community music site featuring remixes licensed under Creative Commons where you can listen to, sample, mash-up, or interact with music in whatever way you want.
- Sound on Sound has an article titled Creative Commons, Copyright & The Independent Musician - New Approach To Copyright Licensing.
- Interview with Jamison Young discussing how musicians can benefit from the use of CC licenses.
- Public Knowledge has a long piece explaining Copyright as it pertains to musicians titled "Copyright Tutorial for Musicians"
Learn more about how musicians use Creative Commons licenses in their work.
- Ancient Free Gardeners: Ancient Free Gardeners is an indie-rock band in Melbourne, Australia, using Creative Commons licences to distribute their music.
- Christopher Willits: Willits is a prominent experimental musician from the San Francisco Bay area.
- Jonathan Coulton: Jonathan Coulton is an independent/unsigned singer-songwriter who utilises Creative Commons licences to help promote his music via free downloads.
- Monk Turner: Monk Turner is a musician of eclectic taste and an approach to releasing albums that involves CC licensing through the internet archive.
- Pig Head Skin: Yueh-hsin Chu (a.k.a. Pig Head Skin) is an independent musician/producer in Taiwan, and leads the band Jesus Rocks! The band released an album of the same name in October 2004 under a Creative Commons License.
- Topology: Topology is an internationally acclaimed Brisbane-based new music ensemble.
- Yunyu: Yunyu is a successful unsigned singer/songwriter in Sydney, Australia, who uses Creative Commons licences for promotional purposes.
- berita terbaru and software