Difference between revisions of "Getting Started"
m (Protected "Getting Started": Excessive spamming ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 06:01, 7 December 2013
What is a wiki
A wiki is a collection of Web pages designed to enable anyone with access to contribute or modify content, using a simplified markup language. Wikis are often used to create collaborative websites and to power community websites. (From Wikipedia)
Create an account to edit pages on this wiki. Or, login with your OpenID — Learn more. Note: when you join the CC Network, you will automatically receive an OpenID, which you can then use to log into this wiki. Join the CC Network now to get an OpenID - you'll also be supporting CC!
Editing a wiki
This is a community wiki. Parts of it can be edited by anyone, as long as he or she has an account. Basic wiki editing is very simple, once you get the hang of it. Learn how to edit a wiki.
We need your help to make this wiki a valuable resource for the CC community around the world! Check out the sections of this wiki where you can jump in and contribute:
- Case Studies - CC success stories from around the world.
- Events - Upcoming Creative Commons events.
- Developers - for software developers.
- Documentation - CC specifications, recommendations, white papers, tutorials.
- Marking - Best practices on marking content with CC licenses.