Collecting Society Projects
This page collects information about the interaction between various creative commons jurisdiction projects and collecting societies. It provides an overview of jurisdictions where Collecting Society members can use Creative Commons licenses ('Projects') and of jurisdictions where there are talks between the jurisdiction project and a collecting society in order to archive this goal ('Negotiations').
- Increase usage of CC license usage in jurisdiction
- Increase profitability of cc license users
- Support non-exclusive collecting societies
NOTE: While many copyright holders work with Collecting Societies, it is important to be cordial with collecting societies and provide information about integrating Creative Commons licenses, but be mindful of overall #Priorities.
Netherlands: CC Netherlands / BUMA/STEMRA
Lead: Paul Keller
CC Denmark / KODA
Lead: Henrik Moltke
- add one...
Leads: Elliott Bledsoe, Jessica Coates, Brian Fitzgerald
- APRA "Creative Commons" page, http://www.apra.com.au/writers/forms_and_guidelines/creative_commons.asp
- APRA CEO Brett Cottle's article on ArtsHub, http://www.artshub.com.au/au/news.asp?sId=70075
- Opt APRA, http://www.optapra.net
- Elliott Bledsoe's blog entry after the CCau Music Forum, http://ccelliott.blogspot.com/2007/11/post-music-industry-forum-reflections.html
- Reform APRA MySpace with 'I support reforms for APRA' pledges from Australian musicians, http://www.myspace.com/optoutofapra
CC Hong Kong
Lead: Rebecca MacKinnon
- add one...
Leads: Melanie Dulong de Rosnay and Francois Dechelle
- Improbable Match: Open Licences And Collecting Societies In Europe, http://www.ip-watch.org/weblog/index.php?p=1291