Archive: School of Open
The School of Open is a collaboration between Creative Commons and P2PU (Peer 2 Peer University). Its aim is to provide easily digestible educational exercises, resources, and professional development courses that help individuals and institutions learn about and employ open tools, such as the CC licenses.
- Sign up for Announcements
- Join the Discussion
- Follow everything and anything to do with the School of Open at the P2PU blog
- Follow the #schoolofopen hashtag on social media
Test and Create Courses
- Test and give feedback on a School of Open course
- Have an idea for a course? Add it to the pad and shoot a note to the discussion list to find others to build it with you. Start creating!
Our core documents are evolving and open for improvement/feedback:
- Review our draft philosophy, aka description for a future School of Open /about page. Suggest improvements at the pad.
- Review our draft guidelines, helpful for determining what is and is not a School of Open course, but also ideally useful to walk through for new “open” course creators. Give us feedback at the pad.
- School of Open working meeting (July 2012): Part P2PU's month-long pop-up office in Berlin. Project Manager and P2PU community members start mapping and developing some key components of the School over two weeks. Events: Virtual sprint (24 July), School of Open challenges workshop (26 July), Open Web Challenges Hackjam w/Mozilla (28 July).
- CC Affiliate Regional Meetings (various/ongoing): Discussion and/or workshop on School of Open at these meetings (led by CC’s Global Network Manager) to catalyze affiliate involvement.
- Open Knowledge Festival (September 2012): OKFestival’s Open Research and Education track includes an “Open Peer Learning: School of Open and School of Data” workshop to engage the OKFN, CC, and European open communities. It will take place right before the CC Europe regional meeting to allow CC affiliates to participate.
- Convening on the Open Policy Institute and School of Open (October 2012): School of Open and Open Policy Institute convening to get key funders and representatives from the various “open” sectors on board and involved. CC is organizing and hosting all logistics and content of this meeting.
- 2012 Mozilla Festival: Making, Freedom, and the Web (November 2012): Thanks to the success of the School of Open workshops in Berlin, Mozilla has invited us to lead a similar workshop at their annual festival in London. This will be an optimal time to debut progress from Berlin through the October meeting.