RDFa Plugin for WordPress
|Related To:||Web Services, RDFa|
As of 2011-07, fully working RDFa-enhanced TinyMCE is done -- http://aksw.org/Projects/RDFaCE -- if this were available bundled as a WordPress plugin, this challenge would be finally met.
An RDFa plugin for WordPress has been suggested and we think it's a great idea. It meshes well with the work we've been doing with embedded structured data and adds value to an already great blogging platform.
A successful implementation would:
- Add a button to the WordPress editor toolbar
- Handle a few predefined ontologies, allowing people to easily insert appropriate markup for Dublin Core and FOAF properties
- Support an "advanced" mode for specifying the predicate by URI
Bonus points for consuming RDF Schema files and adding a reasonable UI to the "basic" mode.
- Foundational work on this idea was implemented for GSoC2009 see http://code.creativecommons.org/viewgit/wprdfa.git/ and http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/cc/t124022127580
- This omits TinyMCE support
- It is currently insertion-only; editing support would be a great improvement
- Dan Brickley mused about RDFa-enhancing TinyMCE (WordPress editor) at http://danbri.org/words/2009/12/23/507 ... also re trust syndication use of RDFa to share lists of trusted OpenIDs between sites; WordPress, MediaWiki etc.