Pages to delete
I noticed you've done some deletions recently, according to the log, so I thought I'd notify you of some more pages that need that treatment. You can find them in Category:Pages to be deleted (which I just created). Thanks! JesseWeinstein 00:39, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, Jesse! I shared this with a couple other folks and the pages you identified should now be gone. The "Pages to be deleted" Category is a good thing. 126.96.36.199 02:35, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I noticed that Nathan had gotten on it; I've got more for you all now... ;-) Thanks for the reply, though! JesseWeinstein 02:39, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
BTW, the ConfirmEmail bit seems to be broken -- at least, I haven't gotten my confirmation email, and it's been a few hours... Any ideas? JesseWeinstein 02:39, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
Cleaning up the mess
Excess empty lines
I believe the wiki pages use too many empty lines. For example, look at the http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FFAQ page. On top and on the bottom of the page title, there's a lot of empty space.
Then again on the top and bottom of the translating link, which could be a smaller block of text, but I suppose this was made to accomodate the text in case a page is translated into a multitude of languages.
Then finally under the first paragraph, there seems to be at least an extra unneeded empty line.
I understand that empty lines help to keeps things tidy, but excessive empty space makes the site looks bland, plus, in that particular page, it could greatly benefit navigation if all the questions fit one page, so users don't have to scroll.
I also understand that this would be a wiki-wide change, but I believe that the entire wiki would benefit.
As a side note, I'm writting here because I saw you made some changes to that page, however I would also want to know how I can suggest new questions for the full FAQ.
- The extra spacing above/below each entry is created by the <h2> elements that Mediawiki generates from the wiki markup. It could be altered via styling, but personally I don't see a problem with the spacing. It doesn't seem excessive to me, and we haven't had yet had any other complaints about it. nkinkade 16:24, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- I can clean it up a bit. I agree somewhat that it's more space than it needs to be. A lot of the time this is just due to MediaWiki inserting p elements that have padding or margins in the stylesheet.Akozak 18:09, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- Also, you can suggest edits to the FAQ or FFAQ using the talk page.Akozak 18:09, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for your replies, I'll make suggestions to the FAQ later.Coz 14:57, 10 April 2010 (UTC)
Admins & Bureaucrats, etc.
Would you mark User:Reginald Leones and User:Hamilton Abreu as trusted users who's newpages are automatically patrolled. Or just make me a Bureaucrat, and I'll do it myself. JesseWeinstein 07:50, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
Also, User:Amy Rose, User:Brian Rowe should probably not be an admins any more, as they are no longer working at CC, and haven't edited in years. Accounts User:Ericsteuer and User:Nathan Kinkade should also have the admin bit removed, unless there's a specific need for you both to have two different admin accounts... I'm not sure what User:JED3 is, but it certainly shouldn't have the admin bit set. (It has one edit, and one page deletion, make shortly after it was created. I assume it was some kind of testing account.) JesseWeinstein 07:50, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- Jesse, you previously already had admin rights, you now have Bureaucrat rights as well. I'm not sure where/how to mark Reginald and Hamilton as trusted users?? Is that something you can do now? I removed the admin bits for Amy and Brian and Nathan Kinkade. Ericsteuer is http://creativecommons.org/about/people/#ericsteuer and JED3 is http://creativecommons.org/about/people/#johndoig. Thanks! nkinkade 15:46, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- Great, thanks. JesseWeinstein 17:29, 7 August 2010 (UTC)