(11:33:42) rejon: jakin: finish SoC task, write file license embedders, then focus on reusing this code for beagle and xesam on fd.o, then if time, focus on spotlight and microsoft and google search
In our first meeting, we will look at the calendar and outline the pieces below and how they should map to the 10 week schedule.
Extend Tracker to read XMP sidecar files
Provide a more robust parsing of XMP to Tracker. Deal with the fancy stuff like arrays, structures, quantifiers, and language-specific text.
Details of liblicense integration
Formats with license metadata indexed by Tracker: MP3, Vorbis, FLAC, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, HTML, PDF, SVG, MS Office 2003
- Video formats indexed???, Office OpenXML (depends on libgsf SVN code)???
- Beagle license indexing. I should be able to at least handle image formats, PDF, MP3, Vorbis, and FLAC.
- Media embedders for Liblicense
- help on liblicense release
- Liblicense KDE4 frontend. Should be done somewhat in parallel with Scott's work on a Gnome frontend.
- blog this effort
- Work on Liblicense accessories (Liblicense#Accessories)
- head to SF!
- GUI work on Tracker to display or search based on license?
- do big release for linuxworld
- Index OpenOffice license metadata in Tracker/Beagle (contingent on Cassio's work on the OpenOffice Add-in)
- blog this!
- Final Week of gSoC
- summarize great work through blog postings