PDWiki Mini Unconference 2008
This event is closed to the public and invite-only.
12-1 PM - Lunch
- Free Sandwiches and informal chat with all those in CC office.
1-2 PM - Current Status of PDWiki
- Introductions (5 minutes)
- Status Updates (Jon will glue together with slides)
- Open Library, Alexis Rossi and Aaron Swartz (15 min)
- Wikipedia OL Integration and PD Code, David Strauss (10 min)
- PDRegistry.ca, Marcus Bornfreund (15 min)
- Next Steps + Roadmap + Today, Jon Phillips (15 min)
2-3 PM - Copyright Code
- Copyright Code and UI hacking
- Public documentation and Roadmaps
3-4 PM - PDRegistry.ca
- Bug Triaging and Fixing
- Private documentation (for now) and Roadmaps
4-5 PM - Report back, next steps
- Copyright Code Conclusions (team 1 and team 2)
- PDRegistry.ca Conclusions (team 1 and team 2)
5 PM Onward - More hacking if need be and/or drinks :)
Can add information here for notes per person, like so:
Going to use #openlibrary on irc.freenode.net since #cc is chock full of people!
- Development Server: http://apollonius.us.archive.org:9071 (don't save pages here unless backed up)
- Bug Tracker
- http://pdregistry.ca (current)
- http://pdregistry.ca:9897 (dev)
- Bug Tracker
Test Mediawiki Integration with Open Library
- Project Page
- Software Repository
- Bug Tracker
- administrative bylaws maneuvering and empowerment of CC Canada
- go through bugs
- what is necessary to get sign-off from Access Copyright to make this a skin?
- update documentation and make as much public as possible
- list for the project?
- After Access Copyright sign-off, move templates over to Open Library and close down old site
- Test out site
- Launch public skins with soft launch
- Later do larger launch
Launch PD Code on Open Library
- Open Library Dev server setup
- how to push changes up?
- Copyright Code Turned back on on dev server
- Update with Fred Von Lohman's OK'd text around functionality
- Finish more_info pages:
- Forward to Fred Von Lohman to get review of language around copyright/pd
- Add Open Library documentation for copyright functionality to dev server pages
- Add Open Library copyright functionality page per jurisdictions with map/flowchart to each page to provide transparency to algorithms
- Work with CC Jurisdictions on adding more pd/copyright code, with CC NL as first and OKFN additions
- Open Library integration is not going to roll out with much press
- Open Content License Functionality
- Add license field to openlibrary for tracking if Creative Commons license or any other licenses are attached to a work.
Launch OL + Wikipedia Integration
- API additions to Open Library:
- launch launchpad bug tracker (David)
- Mediawiki extension released when?
- Next steps for wikipedia integration?
Future and Growing Usage
- Ideas, thoughts, the future!!!