This page details Creative Commons and the Creative Commons Community's involvement in the One Laptop Per Child project. Please help by editing this wiki page, jumping onto the cc-community mailing list and the #cc on irc.freenode.net chat channel.
Open Content Portal
- focused on children (and other users)
- allows both upload/download
Find and Publish Mechanism
- Software on device enables find and publish
- Develop GTK-based license chooser that hooks into desktop as control panel
- Idea is for this to be skinned with sugar and put in so that each user on a system might select the default license
- Develop KDE-based license chooser
- Allows for proper licensing (although, how does one explain this to kids?)
- Get all content on the device licensed with CC licenses
- Get all documentation and printed matter CC licensed
- Teaching materials about relevant issues, although the relevance and complexity to users of OLPC makes this debatable
- Jon Phillips
- Join the project and help us!