OER Policy Registry/Supporting Documents
The resources below are not policies, they are materials that may help policy making activities. They are broadly grouped as case studies, guides, presentations and other directories.
- Cape Town Open Education Declaration 2008
- Free to Learn Guide - Hall Plotkin 2010
- Achieve OER Online Evaluation Tool 2011
- Campus OER Promotion Kit 2005
- Guidelines for OER in Higher Education n.d.
- OER Handbook for Educators 2010
- Guide for Adopting Open Textbooks: A Tutorial n.d.
- Models for Sustainable Open Educational Resources (PDF) 2007
- A Sustainable Business Model for Open Electronic Textbooks (PDF) 2007
- Open Policy and Open Educational Resources Implementation Checklist (PDF) 2012
- Mainstreaming eLearning in National Policies n.d.
- Dramatically Bringing Down the Cost of Education with OER. How Open Education Resources Unlock the Door to Free Learning n.d.
- Modernisation of Higher Education in Europe: Funding and the Social Dimension 2011
- Who should make OERs? 2008
- How are OER Evaluated and So What? (Video) 2011
- Foundation Funded OER vs. Tax Payer Funded OER – A Tale of Two Mandates 2010
- Obviousness of Open Policy 2011
- US Washington State House Bill 2336: Relating to access to taxpayer-funded educational materials. Testimony, Cable Green of Creative Commons 2012
- Assessment and Accreditation of OER: An Update (Video) 2011
- Open Education and the Future - David Wiley presentation to TEDxNYED (Video) 2010
- Exemplary Collection of Institutions with OER Policy n.d.
- In Search of National OER Policies 2011
- OLnet Open Education Evidence Hub - Policy theme n.d.
- Interview with Karen Fasimpaur: Open Education and Policy 2010
- Athabasca University Centre for Learning Design and Development Open Educational Resources- Draft Plan 2006
- BCcampus (British Columbia, Canada) - Building Sustainable OER Ecosystems 2010
- OERs in Context – Case Study of Innovation and Sustainability of Educational Practices at the University of Mauritius 2011
- OER Readiness in Africa 2010
- OER Africa - Building African Education Capacity Through Openness n.d.
- Free Textbooks Project Helps South Africa 2012
- OER Basic Competencies in Midwifery, University of Malawi — Kamuzu College of Nursing (PDF) 2009?
- The Use of Open Education Resources at the University of Malawi (UNIMA) (PDF), 2009?
- USA TAACCCT Federal Grant Program Creative Commons License Brief 2011
- Utah State Office of Education to Create Open Textbooks 2012
- Open High School of Utah (PDF) n.d.
- Florida Orange Grove Texts Plus n.d.
- Maryland Enhancing Education through Technology (Ed Tech ARRA) (Doc.) 2009
- RFP for the Identification of Open Educational Resources at Maine State (PDF) n.d.
- Open Books Savings for California Students 2011
- California Free Digital Textbook Initiative 2009
- US Washington State OER K-12 Bill Passes 2012