Aggregate web pages licensed
License statistics has basic information about linkback/page/search-engine-query-based license adoption statistics, as well as the code used to gather this data and dumps of the data itself.
Content curators lists licensed works counts for many sites that collect CC-licensed works, e.g., about 57 million at Flickr.
Counts for selected top sites over time may be found on the license statistics page.
Eventually code above should be expanded to collect this and finer-grained information (e.g., per site license breakdown) from these sites.
Other quantitative metrics
- creativecommons.org traffic: Alexa, Compete, Quantcast
- Number of journals, publishers (e.g., PLoS)
- Feature films that have been released in theaters.
- Press agencies?
Add ideas and methodology for collecting metrics here.
Add ideas here...
- Scrubbed Creative Commons Apache logs
- Any other data sets?
- links to our tools for stat collection