Global Summit 2015
Come and join Creative Commons in Seoul, South Korea from 14-17 October for our 2015 Global Summit.
- 1 Logistics for the 2015 summit
- 1.1 Date
- 1.2 Venues
- 1.3 Accommodation
- 1.4 Directions between venues
- 1.5 Getting around Seoul
- 1.6 Events in this October
Logistics for the 2015 summit
14-17 October, 2015
In Google Map of CC Global Summit 2015 all the locations of this summit are marked.
- National Museum of Korea (Location) _Day 1+2 (15.Thu-16.Fri)
- Address: 137 Seobinggo-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- National Hangeul Museum (Location) _Day 1+2 (15.Thu-16.Fri)
- Address: 139 Seobinggo-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Content Korea Lab (Location) _Day 3 (17.Sat)
- Address: Hongik University Daehakro Art Center, 57 Daehakro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Art Center Nabi
- Address: 99 Seorin-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- SAI _Day 2 (16.Fri)
- Address: 61, Seongsui-ro 22-gil, Seongdong-gu, Seoul, South Korea
CC staff and sponsored attendees to the Summit will be staying at the following hotel:
- 302, Samil-Daero, Jung-gu, Jung-Gu, 100861 Seoul, South Korea
- TEL (+82)2/63701101
- FAX (+82)2/63701102
- EMAIL email@example.com
- GPS: N 37° 33' 41.92 E 126° 59' 20.79
- Nearby public transportation:
- Subway: “Chungmuro”(Line 3, 4 / Exit 5), “Myeongdong”(Line 4 / Exit 10)
- Bus: “Myeongdong” #6015, 6001 (both green bus)
Recommendations (no summit discounts available)
- Sejong Hotel : a bit old-fashion but fine, near to Ibis Style Myeongdong
- Creto Hotel Myeongdong : modern, also near to Ibis Style
- Myeongdong UI Hostel : weigh cheaper one, but with good reviews. And still near to Affiliate´s hotel!
- Small House Big Door: opened last year; 3min walk from Euljiro- CC Asia Pacific regional meeting attendees stayed there last year; there are several affiliates from Asia who are staying here this time as well
Directions between venues
Airport --> Hotel Ibis Style Myeongdong
- By airport limousine (recommended): Take the limousine bus No. 6015 at exit 5B or 12A. The Hotel is located 3 min. walk from exit gate No.10 of Myeongdong station. It is about 61.90 km / 38.46 mi from Incheon Airport to the hotel. It takes about 70 min., coasts 10 000 KRW.
- By Airport Railroad and subway: Reach the Airport Railroad station on B1 or 2nd floor of Transport Center, take off at Seoul Station. Until here it takes 43 min.(express) / 56 min.(all-stop) Transfer to subway Line Nr. 4 at Seoul Station, direction to Danggogae, get off at Myeongdong Station(Exit 10). This alternative takes about 70 min.
Hotel --> National Museum of Korea / National Hangeul Museum
- Take subway Line 4 from Myeongdong station direction to Oido, after 6 stations get off at Ichon station(Exit 2). The subway is connected to the museum via an underpass called 박물관 나들길 or Moving Museum.
National Museum of Korea --> National Hangeul Museum
- You can walk between two venues, they are 200m away, 3 min. to walk in museum area.
National Museum of Korea --> SAI
- From National Museum of Korea, get on the subway Line 1 to Wangsimni and transfer to Line 2 towards Seongsu. SAI is 700m away from Exit 2, 10 min. of walk. SAI is located in the middle of two subway stations Seongsu and Konkuk Univ.(both Line 2), you can walk from one of these two stations.
Getting around Seoul
- Groove Korea (http://groovekorea.com/): Food, art, travel, sports, etc.
- Seoulistic (http://seoulistic.com/): Travel and culture
- Chincha (http://chincha.co.uk/): Run by British people talking about hip culture in Korea
- Official Korea Tourism Organization (http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.kto): General infos, attractions, accommodations, culture, food, shopping, etc.
- Life-Information of Seoul Metropolitan Government (http://english.seoul.go.kr/life-information/): Transportation, travel, culture, etc.
- Tri-food.com / celerbrating Korean food (http://www.trifood.com/food.asp): Food, drinks
- Eat Your Kimchi (http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/): One of the most well-known blog run by an English-native (Canadian) living in Korea. Language maybe NSFW.
- The Marmot's Hole (http://www.rjkoehler.com/): News blogger
- Seoul Eats (http://www.seouleats.com/): Food and stories behind
- Seoul City Tour (http://www.seoulcitytour.net): Seoul city tour guide
- Korean Englishman (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-p3lQIqmhh7gHpyaOmOiQ): youtube videos of an Englishman introducing Korean culture
- Seoul Mate (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sisfgroupd.seoulmappedia): This just came out. Made by my friend Abid Hassan. Aims for the ultimate guide for newbies to Korea.
- Waze (https://www.waze.com/): Waze relatively provides accurate traffic service info in English. This was also introduced in the last CfA summit we met. For public transportaion, Koreans use Naver Map or SeoulBus & Subway Navigation (지하철 내비게이션) the most, but I am not sure about they provide their service in English. For English, you can see also Infos from Seoul Metropolitan Government (http://english.seoul.go.kr/life-information/transportation-information/public-transportation/1-bus/)
- iTour Seoul: (https://itunes.apple.com/kr/app/i-tour-seoul/id360156429?mt=8
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sto.android.client.itourseoul&hl=ko): The official travel guide app of the Seoul Metropolitan Government
Events in this October
- Maker Faire Seoul (10.-11.Oct 2015 / http://www.make.co.kr/?page_id=1336)
- Jarasum Jazz Festival (9.-11.Oct 2015 / http://www.jarasumjazz.com/the12th/home/)
- Grand Mint Festival(17.-18.Oct 2015 / http://www.mintpaper.co.kr/grand-mint-festival-2015/)
- ZOMBIE WALK SEOUL 2015(PM 4:00- 17.Oct 2015 / https://www.facebook.com/events/891317670931156)
For general inquiry, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org For local information, please email us at email@example.com