Difference between revisions of "Global Melt/Value"
Revision as of 11:49, 28 March 2011
- John - Wikimedia
- Michelle - Mozilla
- Claudia - KDE
- Charlie - friend of Mozilla
- Siebrand - translatewiki.net
- Hard to define the value proposition. Easy for organisers, but we need to focus on the value for
- Community summit - I love meeting my friends whom I work with every day in real life.
- Better understanding of the person on the other side of the line. Interfacing, improving relationships.
- Getting context.
- Reality check/Feedback on ideas or concepts in more understandable and sane ways.
- Group thinking (?)
- Learn, find out, get informed, get choice.
- Getting a reality check on ideas and concepts
- Fulfill the need for belonging and having and deepening social real-life relationships
- Get information on familiar and unfamiliar topics
- Community summit - Results in code, decisions, strengthened community, outreach leading to new community.
- KDE has newbie quota for sprints.
- Growth of the contributor base, knowledge transfer, continuity of community.
- Community binding/bonding.
- Providing context and gathering feedback.
- Acceleration of loads of stuff
- Outreach kills groups thinking
- Boosting community health
- Mentorship programme for event organising
- Guidelines for event organising
- 10 steps to organising an event that sucks
- outreach toolbox
- best practice examples