Finding of CC licensed Content within Desktop
Integrate finding of CC licensed content directly within the Desktop (think Gnome or KDE integration).
- Extend the CC licensing extractor for Spotlight to support multiple file formats and polish it to release quality. Issues which must be addressed include extractor chaining and packaging.
- Work on Gnome Integration by sending patches or by completing the list of programs which need CC integration.
- Jaime Frutos Morales has created Deskbar-Applet CC Search, an extension for Deskbar Applet for the Gnome Desktop to search for CC licensed content.
- Please add your implementation here :)
Please add your example, screenshot, mockup, etc here :)
Open Dialog: This is an example Open (find) dialog that could use one's local hard drive or a service (on-line, etc).
Save Dialog + Metadata: This shows metadata save dialogs. How could one use these fields to help find content?
Save Dialog + Licensing: This shows licensing dialogs for saving content. How could this be used to help find content on a desktop, web, etc?
NOTE: The GIMP XCF mockup files used to generate these flattened PNGs are availabe here: http://rejon.org/freelance/creativecommons/img/mockups/
- Please add your TODO here :)