Filmmakerss and CC
- The Center for Social Media at American University produced two helpful guides for filmmakers.
- Documentary Filmmakers’ Statement of Best Practices in Fair Use - From the website: "Documentary filmmakers have created, through their professional associations, a clear, easy to understand statement of fair and reasonable approaches to fair use."
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Online Video - From the website: "This document is a code of best practices that helps creators, online providers, copyright holders, and others interested in the making of online video interpret the copyright doctrine of fair use."
- Netribution has an article titled "Creative Commons: An introduction for filmmakers"
- Videos produced by Creative Commons to describe what it means to license your work under a CC license.
Featured CC Films
These case studies can help you learn more about how filmmakers use Creative Commons licenses in their work.
- A Swarm of Angels: A Swarm of Angels is a groundbreaking project to create a £1 million film and give it away to over 1 million people using the Internet and a global community of members.
- Blender Foundation: The Blender Foundation supports the development of the Open Source 3D animation program Blender along with producing short movies showcasing the ability of both the program and the community of creators.
- Chris Denaro: Chris Denaro is an Australian animator who examines industrial processes of prototyping, incorporating Creative Commons materials into his animations to bring spontaneity and serendipity to his works.
- Following Alexis West: Following Alexis West is a documentary film which examines the effect of New Zealand’s switch to a proportional representation system has had on its politics and culture since 1996.
- Jay Dedman: Jay Dedman is a long time videoblogger creating online communities where people can learn, share, and remix their ideas.
- Show Some Color: Show Some Color is a project by the Fabricatorz production group that invites individual women to create videos on their racial identities.
This list is a dynamically generated for all case studies of creators which involve film