All affiliates are encouraged to seek out each other for meetings and collaborations when participating in events (especially those listed last on this page which is of particular interest to Creative Commons affiliates). You can always ask on the European mailing list if someone else is going to a particular event!
During some occasions, when a more detailed discussion is useful between the affiliates, it can make sense to schedule a half day or day long meeting before or after a related event to have some time for the affiliates themselves to voice opinions and find constructive dialogue.
The current tentative thinking for potential meetings:
- 1st of May - One day session on the 4.0 process. Ties in with Re:publica in Berlin. - Includes participation from CC legal. Should we plan time for SGDR discussions in this, or is SGDR important enough to warrant a second meeting?
- Sometime around 20-22nd of June, a meetup on OER? Potentailly with Cable Green
- Sometime around September 2012, a larger European regional meeting - Potentially with participation by Jessica Coates
Proposed themes for regional meetings
- Community Management
Events of interest
- LAPSI Thematic Network 2nd Public Conference, 23-24th of January 2012
- EPSIplatform Conference: Taking re-use to the next level!, 16th of March 2012
- LAPSI Thematic Seminar 6: Licensing of PSI: PSI-holders’ Perspectives, Re-users’ Perspectives and Redress Mechanisms, 22-23rd of March 2012
- Open Courseware Consortium Global Meeting 2012, 16-18th of April 2012
- Re:Publica, 2-4th of May 2012
- Eurodig, 14-15th of June 2012
- World OER Congress, 20-22nd of June 2012
- LAPSI Internal Conference and final meeting, 9-10th of July 2012
- 1st Global Thematic IASC Conference on the Knowledge Commons, 12-14th of September 2012