DiscoverEd Sprint (June, 2010)
- What: A sprint on development of DiscoverEd; see for possible areas of work
- When: Tuesday, June 15 through Thursday, June 17, 2010
- Where: Wills House, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI (map)
- Asheesh Laroia (Open Hatch / Creative Commons)
- Raphael Krut-Landau (Open Hatch / Creative Commons)
- Nathan Yergler (Creative Commons)
- Alex Kozak (Creative Commons)
- Ali Asad Lotia (open.michigan)
- Kevin Coffman (open.michigan)
- add your name and affiliation here
Travel & Accommodations
- Directions to Wills House
- Brendan Guenther will provide MSU Guest Parking Passes when you arrive in the morning
- Area Hotels (mention MSU for discounted rate)
This is a draft, subject to change.
- 9:00 AM - Welcome
- DiscoverEd Context: Why, When, Where are we going? (10 min)
Developers introduce themselves, give brief statement on what they've done with DiscoverEd, what they're interested in working on. (5 min ea.)
- MSU Context: AgShare, FSKN, etc (Chris Geith, 10-15 min)
- 10:30 AM - Identify Themes, Possible Blocks of Work
- 11:30 AM - Pair up and begin work
- 4:45 PM - Brief report back from each group: unexpected issues, things to bring to the group as a whole, etc.
No schedule; work as pairs.
- 3:30 PM - Pairs begin to make sure work is pushed to Gitorious, determine next steps
- 4:00 PM - Full report back: pairs report on progress and state of their code. Pairs are encouraged to identify follow up steps they will take post sprint to see tasks to completion.
In order to minimize time spent configuring laptops, etc, please try to do the following before arriving at the sprint:
- Make sure you have prerequisite software installed and working:
- Generate an SSH public key (if needed; see http://progit.org/book/ch4-3.html for some instructions)
- Create a Gitorious account and add your SSH key to it