Communications Working Group/GROUP 2: Information architecture
Wiki audit protocol/framework questions
4:30pm EST, Thur January 19. Pad for call: http://etherpad.creativecommons.org/p/InformationArchitecture
- Where is the page linked? (ie. wiki.cc.org home page = important)
- Is the page linked on external sites?
- If the page is not linked, should it be?
- Does the page link to external sites/resources? If not, can/should it?
- What is the purpose of the page? (ie. best practices, brainstorming space, case study?)
- Target audience and expertise level
- When was the page last updated?
- Is page valued for posterity? (If so, can you archive wiki pages?)
- What categories does the page fall under? (ie. Category:Press_Hit) Or what project is the page part of? (ie. Case Studies)
- Is the page a form? Is the form currently in use? If so, by how many people?
- Has the page been translated into different languages? If so, which ones/how many?
- Does the page contain media?
- What could be improved about the page?
- ie. could the page be improved via the addition of media (ie. images, video)?
- Could the additional media make reference to well known and/or important projects that already use CC.
- Could the page have 'notes', 'references' or 'see also' to complement its content/sources.
Meeting 5 Dec
8:00AM U.S. Pacific time. Pad for call: http://piratepad.net/C1b7hOtiDI
- Collect positive and negative feedback on the organization of content in the current website.
- Determine the top priorities on what needs to be changed, relocated or redesigned about the website (Case Studies for example).
- Determine what resources and time frames we have for making the desired changes to the website.
- Schedule next meeting.