CcPublisher 2 Roadmap
This page documents the planned features for future releases, along with outstanding show-stopper issues that need to be resolved. For immediately upcoming releases, target dates are also listed.
- Beta 1: December 31, 2005
- Beta 2: January, 2006
- Release: February, 2006
- Conversion to new ccPublisher 2 Architecture
- Support for extensions and plugins
- Support easy customization by third party developers
ZCML Packaging When packaging using py2exe, the ZCML configuration files are not accessible within library.zip When packaging using py2app, may need to add additional path manipulations to load the ZCML from the correct Resource area
File format should be a drop-down, not text entry Run initial license chooser download in a background thread crash in validation
Disable preferences when there are no extensions loaded
- User Interface polish
App icon Exit menu option disconnected Initial display of menu blocked by license chooser before redraw, resulting in partially drawn, locked UI Inconsistent form coloring on Windows, Linux File icons when selected Initial window sizing on Windows, Mac OS X Inconsistent background between license chooser & rest of window
- Initial progress bar width
"How does this work" button event hook up
- Set default work format based on file extension if possible -- note that this will probably require extending the ZCML syntax to support a "callable" vocabulary instead of static one so that we can show the appropriate sub-set of file formats for the particular DC type previously selected.
- Include new ID3 tagging support
- Adapt file item to file object in pyarchive submission process.
- Implement an extension to set proxy settings
- Extension preferences need some additional structure
- The resources folder should really be moved under the ccpublisher folder (but this is just a nit)
- Support for embedding license metadata in additional formats
- Support for localization
- Implement clickable labels to replace HTML window hack