- 1 Adding new Case Study
- 2 Case Study Form
- 3 Case Study Main Body
- 4 Landing Page
Adding new Case Study
When putting together a long article, if you forget to push "Save changes" religiously, you can lose a lot of material from timing out. Can we extend people's logged in time?
- Tech: Very possible to change. NK looking into.
Duplicate Wiki pages
Adding a Case Study for a project that already has an entry in the wiki is problematic (see: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Valkaama) These are entries from Content Directories. Maybe case studies should have the folder /casestudies before them?
- Meta: Ask Mike. Moving content and/or setting up redirects affects content.
- Brings up an interesting point: we could have the Content Directory form autofill based on the case study form. No need to duplicate some of this info, right?
This function is buggy for me. After pressing Preview, I see multiple boxes like this: "Facts about Casestudies/Cleanup RDF feed Revision time 23 March 2009 15:33 + Revision user Michelle Thorne +"
- Tech: known bug. NK has ticket for. http://code.creativecommons.org/issues/issue110
Case Study Form
Form fields spill under the right sidebar.
- Tech: NK looking into.
Have link to CC wiki's "Upload File"?
- Tech: possible. Just copy the link Special Page>>Upload File.
- Even if you do figure out how to upload an image, you have to hack a bit in the non-form editor to get your image to appear at the top of the page (basically, pasting the image link where you want it).
- Meta: write better instructions.
Is slightly confusing. Does it mean the author of the case study? Or the author of the content?
Ok, this refers to the subject of the case study. Should the terms be the same (i.e. "author/organization") like in above section?
Is it possible to add some pre-existing tags? Of course people should be able to add new ones, but it's helpful to see naming conventions and existing tags.
- Tech: Probably possible to add list box. Might be best to have small pop-up window or drop-down because might be too many tags.
- Meta: (Greg/Jon?) How are the CS tags stored? At least we should have short text explaining example tags and naming conventions.
We should mention that multiple license URLs should be separated by a comma.
- Meta: add info to template
We should also note that multiple countries should be divided by comma. Also, I noticed differing conventions of "global", "worldwide", etc.
- Meta: add info to template
Case Study Main Body
When editing with form, there's no wiki formatting toolbar for the main text, just a link to a help page.
This subheading still confuses people; it could be explained better in the default text, perhaps. Do we want links to outside references, for example a newspaper article discussing the project, or do we want links to further media/content from the work itself?
CCau Book Design
The book jacket cover should be prominent and link to the whole PDF or new booklets. @Jess any further design elements we can include from the book?
Move the featured cases more to the top
Cut down on intro text. Less is more, and icons are best!
We should have one -- reflecting new title "CC Stories". Also, see above!
Make the navigation/sort boxes (the orange ones) smaller
View Case Studies Box
Can this pull or link to example/featured cases from each category? Might catch eyes better.
Back to Casestudies/Roadmap