ccPublisher is Creative Commons's tool for generating license information for a file and optionally uploading it to the Internet Archive for free hosting. ccPublisher also serves as a platform for development of other CC enabled tools. We are currently working on ccPublisher 2, which is primarily an "internal improvement" release. No new features will be added, but the code base has received significant attention in order to enable easier addition of features and development of derivative works.
For information on using ccPublisher, see the ccPublisher page at creativecommons.org. It has pictures.
- ccPublisher 2 Architecture Design documents for the ccPublisher 2.0 architecture (and P6 core).
- ccPublisher 2 Roadmap Target dates for releases and features to be included in each.
- Autogenerated API documentation
- Developing ccPublisher 2 Checking out a sandbox from Subversion and working with the code
- Extending ccPublisher 2 Extending ccPublisher and other P6-based applications with extensions.
- Customizing ccPublisher 2 Creating new versions of ccPublisher that support different metadata sets or different backends.
- ccPublisher Tracker Bug reporting and feature request tracking
We're starting to do pre-releases; information on those is at ccPublisher 2 Releases.