Appplications Using CC
Applications with Creative Commons licensing built-in
The following list of software packages and web applications incorporated Creative Commons licensing, so you won't have to copy/paste HTML from licenses or add buttons to your pages.
- SnapGallery: [Windows] Drag a folder of photos on your desktop onto this script and it will automatically build you a Gallery of HTML pages. You can select a license during setup that will be embedded in each gallery page.
- Movable Type: [server software] A robust weblogging system that allows you to select and apply a license to your individual blogs. Displays the button and metadata automatically.
- Manila: [server software] Another weblog management system that allows authors to select licenses for their blogs, displaying the button and metadata in your site's template.
- Squarespace: [service] A website- and blog-publishing service that allows users to select a CC license for their sites and displays a license button and metadata automatically.
- Archive.org: An archive of content, the Open Source Movies section displays Creative Commons licenses and lets anyone add their own movies under a license. The Open Source Audio section does the same, but for audio files.
- YMDI: Youth Media Distribution is a teen-themed offshoot of the documentary filmmaking non-profit Media Rights. Teens can upload films they have created, get information on how to distribute films, and license their films for use by others.
- Ticketstubs.org: Share stories of past concerts, movies, and events. When you contribute a story, you can license your story for use by others.
- Bumperactive.com: Create your own bumper sticker. The CC license engine is integrated to Bumperactive's upload process.
- WINKsite: A mobile publishing system that allows you to select and apply a license to your mobile site & blog. Displays the button and metadata is automatically included in feeds.
Note to developers: If you have incorporated Creative Commons licensing into your application (per our documentation), and you'd like your application to appear on this list, please create an account on this wiki and click 'edit' to add your application.