Creative Commons historically ran a metadata validator (also developed in response to a challenge) which allowed users to verify they had made the correct assertions about their work. Since moving to RDFa, the validator has become less relevant and is in need of a major overhaul (perhaps even rewrite).
A minimal implementation will:
- support all recommended methods, historical and current, of embedding CC license information in a web page (see the file format page for more information)
- alert users that embedding using historical methods has been deprecated
- support making assertions about embedded objects
An awesome implementation will:
- support validating CC license inclusion in non-HTML formats (ie, Syndication feeds), auto-detecting the validation suite to use basic on returned content-type and allowing users to override if necessary
- traverse special links (ie, cc:morePermissions, cc:attributionURL, xmpRights:WebStatement) looking for additional metadata to provide a complete picture of the published metadata.
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 12 October 2012, at 20:29.