Welcome to Creative Commons in Europe! Between the European affiliates, we also work to increase collaboration and exchange. We're also a contact point for organisations, authorities and individuals who want to get in touch with Creative Commons experts in relation to any kind of questions or projects of pan-European scale and scope, as well as a channel through which statements and common opinions of the CC jurisdictions are communicated to European-level organisations and policy makers, f. e. in the course of consultations on European Union legislation.
Our primary activities are:
- to organise meetings and other events aimed at fostering collaboration and exchange between the participating affiliates,
- to raise additional funds for transnational activities like studies, surveys and networking initiatives, and
- to promote Creative Commons licensing and open access in general by increasing the outreach of the free licensing community.
If you want to contact the European affiliates network, please get in touch with the Regional Project Manager for Europe:
- Jonas Öberg - firstname.lastname@example.org
Events and meetings
Every year, a number of events are organised throughout Europe either by the European network itself, or events which in other ways tie in with or are of interest to Creative Commons. The aim is to, during 2012, organise about four meetings between the affiliates, as well as one larger affiliate meeting at which all European affiliates should be attending.
See our list of European meetings and events. The next Creative Commons-related event worldwide is:
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 9 January 2012, at 07:28.