Creative Commons is turning 5, and to celebrate we're inviting the CC Community worldwide to join the party!
|Birthday Party 2007 Beijing||Beijing||China|
|Birthday Party 2007 Berlin||Berlin||Germany|
|Birthday Party 2007 Manila||Pasay||Philippines|
|Birthday Party 2007 San Francisco||San Francisco||United States|
|Birthday Party 2007 Seoul||Seoul||Korea|
|Birthday Party 2008 Beijing||Beijing||China|
|Birthday Party 2008 Manila||Manila||Philippines|
|Birthday Party and Launch Event 2007 Belgrade||Belgrade||Serbia|
|CCau Birthday BBQ Bash||Brisbane||Australia|
|Celebrate CC's 5th Birthday in NYC||New York||United States|
|Khichdiz, Mixtures of Various Kinds||Bangalore||India|
|Surprise Birthday Party 2007 Los Angeles||Los Angeles||United States|
A birthday party for Creative Commons for all of the friends, users, developers, and soon-to-be friends of Creative Commons. There will be drinks, music, videos and so much fun. Also, the event will be coordinated with other CC Birthday Parties in hopes of having a continuous birthday celebration and synchronization to light up the blogosphere, explore CC-licensed content, and to meet up with friends.
Saturday, December 15, 2007, 8 PM - 2 AM (San Francisco time -- other locations within 24 hours of this time will be considered "synchronized")
Add yours to #Parties.
To celebrate Creative Commons birthday for the young Creative Commons and all of its friends in the global community, but in local meetings.
This will be executed by Creative Commons staff, affiliates, the community and partners. The party in your location may be big or may be small, but the important thing is to celebrate CC's 5th birthday.
For all parties: add your location to #Parties list above
- Global logo/design for all parties. could be customized for local parties
- tips from events like Mozilla 24? (http://www.mozilla24.com)
- Launch of Version 3.0 in your jurisdiction (coordinated release of 3.0 and/or initial license launch for new jurisdictions)
- open mic
- Birds of a Feather
- Film Screening
- Speaker Challenges (Speakers who have well known topics could be challenged to speak about new and different topics, or have to rapidly develop some topic on the spot.)
No one should feel that these parties must be expensive or elaborate. But they can just as well offer good fundraising opportunities:
- sign up names/emails to the wiki page and discussion lists,
- paypal donations to artist, CC, other projects
- signed books, for example from Lessig, Doctorow, local author
- mix CDs, posters, tshirts, work from local artist
- photos, videos, tracks, contributions to the Commons
- "They use CC here!" map: http://www.mozilla24.com/en-US/get_involved/places/ (geo-tagged map of people/place using CC)
Creating a Digital Trail
- Podcast, Streaming, #cc chat channel, SecondLife
- Live Visuals
- flickr photostream
- DJs, musicians, dancing, acting, PowerPoint Karaoke
- Brainstorm Session
- Wish List: "We want to see this CC-ed!"
- License improvements
Swag and Party Favors
- LiveContent CD http://wiki.creativecommons.org/LiveContent
- Open Source Water http://creativecommons.at/projects/water/
- FREE BEER http://www.freebeer.org
- Burn Station (for souvenir CD of the event or of CC-licensed material)
- local and global presskit
- House party
- Cafe meetup
- Art gallery
- With CC art
- Birthday Party 2006 - The big 4th b-day bash (partial global collaboration)
- About CC Wiki
- This page was last modified on 23 January 2013, at 16:13.