Website update 2011 Past Notes
- note: each deadline below assumes CC approval on same date, given constant communication during development; Check-in on progress each day via skype/IRC
Implement "Phase I" Creative Commons Redesign
- 8/23 CONCRETE PLAN: identify concrete elements of "phase 1" mockup design to be implemented, any elements not feasible that will not be implemented.
- 8/26 HOMENAV IMPLEMENTED: home page and navigation elements implemented; check-in with CC web redesign committee.
- 8/29 MAIN PAGE IMPLEMENTED: Main page and menu implemented, main page layout and media queries in-place, slice up interior pages to map to the current pages, get CC team to update any content necessary to complete the task
- 9/2 INTERIOR PAGES: changes to interior landing and about themes/pages implemented
- 9/9 LICENSE CHOOSER: overall look/navigation changes also implemented for license chooser; check-in with CC web redesign committee
- 9/16 REVIEW BUGFIX LAUNCH: bug fixing/testing completed, launch at CC global summit
Content for home page
For Carousel up top, there are several options, which we can rotate in and out depending on what we want to highlight at any given time:
- Campaign banner, linking to donate
- during campaign, might also want to have https://creativecommons.net/figures if up to date
- Jesse Dylan video http://creativecommons.org/videos/a-shared-culture
- Power of Open, linking to http://thepowerofopen.org/ (either banner, see attached for example, or book cover)
- Global Summit (wiki page would have to be updated with wrap-up, photos etc.)
- (ML) Another permanent one in the phase 1 deck is something about the licenses
- if significant, a current CC Talks With (http://creativecommons.org/interview/)
- same for news item from the blog (ie. YouTube adoption, government data, etc.)
For 3 buckets:
- Global Network - CC Affiliate Network http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC_Affiliate_Network
- a featured case study http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Case_Studies
- CC swag/goodies/store (w/ actual picture of swag)
- (ML) I think the reason the "partners" thing is in the p1 mockup is the same reason we created https://creativecommons.org/who-uses-cc -- board wants to see famous names. Maybe can be folded into case studies bucket.
Let's make sure the verticals (culture, science, edu, gov) are linked to in menu drop-down up top.
For get involved options at bottom, flickr icon should be changed to identi.ca, maybe add newsletter somehow (http://creativecommons.org/newsletter). Google + is probably inevitable, once they roll out for org's.
Post-summit Redesign of Creative Commons Donor site
- Website_Update_2011_08_26_Meeting#Problems_with_launched_site_design Bugs post launch
- 10/7 INTEGRATE CIVICRM: integration of design elements from main website redesign completed for pre-testing of campaign soft launch
Post-Campaign Launch Redesign of Other Sites
goal for each is to incorporate key elements from redesign, but start from and stay very close to native theme of relevant software
- 10/14 WIKI
- reality assessment on the integration
- 10/21 LABS: labs/other CC sites using wordpress multiuser
- What sites must stay and which must leave?
- 10/28 SEARCH
- Is this staying?
- Needs a reality assessment on continuing.