Website update 2011
- CC is working on a website redesign; primary visual redesign to be completed by CC Global Summit (16 September 2011)
- initial mockups provided by Lybba Dec 2010
- design work will be continued by Fabricatorz Aug 2011; primary contacts Jon Phillips, Christoper Adams
- CC manager Mike Linksvayer; help from CC Tech (Nathan Kinkade, Christopher Webber), Jane Park, Timothy Vollmer
- All work will be done on branch of CC code repository, against existing theme to minimize integration time and regressions
- note: each deadline below assumes CC approval on same date, given constant communication during development; Check-in on progress each day via skype/IRC
Implement "phase 1" redesign for main CC website
- 8/22 CONCRETE PLAN: identify concrete elements of "phase 1" mockup design to be implemented, any elements not feasible that will not be implemented
- 8/26 HOMENAV IMPLEMENTED: home page and navigation elements implemented; check-in with CC web redesign committee
- 9/2 INTERIOR PAGES: changes to interior landing and about themes/pages implemented
- 9/9 LICENSE CHOOSER: overall look/navigation changes also implemented for license chooser; check-in with CC web redesign committee
- 9/16 REVIEW BUGFIX LAUNCH: bug fixing/testing completed, launch at CC global summit
Post-summit redesign of CC net/donor site
- 10/7 INTEGRATE CIVICRM: integration of design elements from main website redesign completed for pre-testing of campaign soft launch
Post-campaign launch redesign of other sites
goal for each is to incorporate key elements from redesign, but start from and stay very close to native theme of relevant software
- 10/14 WIKI
- reality assessment on the integration
- 10/21 LABS: labs/other CC sites using wordpress multiuser
- What sites must stay and which must leave?
- 10/28 SEARCH
- Is this staying?
- Needs a reality assessment on continuing.