Pages to delete
I noticed you've done some deletions recently, according to the log, so I thought I'd notify you of some more pages that need that treatment. You can find them in Category:Pages to be deleted (which I just created). Thanks! JesseWeinstein 00:39, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, Jesse! I shared this with a couple other folks and the pages you identified should now be gone. The "Pages to be deleted" Category is a good thing. 184.108.40.206 02:35, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I noticed that Nathan had gotten on it; I've got more for you all now... ;-) Thanks for the reply, though! JesseWeinstein 02:39, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
BTW, the ConfirmEmail bit seems to be broken -- at least, I haven't gotten my confirmation email, and it's been a few hours... Any ideas? JesseWeinstein 02:39, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
Cleaning up the mess
Excess empty lines
I believe the wiki pages use too many empty lines. For example, look at the http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FFAQ page. On top and on the bottom of the page title, there's a lot of empty space.
Then again on the top and bottom of the translating link, which could be a smaller block of text, but I suppose this was made to accomodate the text in case a page is translated into a multitude of languages.
Then finally under the first paragraph, there seems to be at least an extra unneeded empty line.
I understand that empty lines help to keeps things tidy, but excessive empty space makes the site looks bland, plus, in that particular page, it could greatly benefit navigation if all the questions fit one page, so users don't have to scroll.
I also understand that this would be a wiki-wide change, but I believe that the entire wiki would benefit.
As a side note, I'm writting here because I saw you made some changes to that page, however I would also want to know how I can suggest new questions for the full FAQ.
- The extra spacing above/below each entry is created by the <h2> elements that Mediawiki generates from the wiki markup. It could be altered via styling, but personally I don't see a problem with the spacing. It doesn't seem excessive to me, and we haven't had yet had any other complaints about it. nkinkade 16:24, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- I can clean it up a bit. I agree somewhat that it's more space than it needs to be. A lot of the time this is just due to MediaWiki inserting p elements that have padding or margins in the stylesheet.Akozak 18:09, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- Also, you can suggest edits to the FAQ or FFAQ using the talk page.Akozak 18:09, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for your replies, I'll make suggestions to the FAQ later.Coz 14:57, 10 April 2010 (UTC)