Difference between revisions of "US: Oregon: HB 2871"
Revision as of 04:03, 11 November 2015
Policy Title: US: Oregon: HB 2871 - Go to the policy
Author(s): OREGON COMMITTEE ON HIGHER EDUCATION, AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT,
Description: The bill:
- Establishes Open Educational Resources Grant Program within Higher Education Coordinating Commission.
- Requires commission, subject to availability of funds, to award grants on competitive basis to public universities, community colleges or consortia of public universities and community colleges to promote use of open educational resources.
- Requires commission to employ open educational resource specialist to collaborate with public universities and community colleges in fostering use of open educational resources.
- Appropriates moneys to commission: $700,000
- Requires public universities and community colleges to prominently designate courses whose course materials consist exclusively of open or free textbooks or low-cost or no-cost course materials.
- Requires commission to coordinate with public universities and community colleges to identify open educational resources to be adopted as primary instructional material for at least 30 courses.
- Requires commission to submit report to Legislative Assembly on status of implementing open resources provisions by December 1, 2015.