SoC 2006: Banshee
What is it?
Google SoC Timeline (2006)
Project start (May 23)
- Planning and Design
- Poke around in code and network with other developers
Notes: I'm in Russia durring this time and do not have adequate computer resources for coding.
- Lay out Banshee code for initial proof-of-concept code
- Modify database to handle basic license information
- Update library view to show database changes
Notes: The current state of Banshee will make modifying the database and PlaylistView difficult. The library view is hardcoded and a large amount of time will have to be devoted to designing an acceptable license view addition.
- Implement MP3 ID3 tag parsing
Notes: Many updates have been made to the way license metadata is storied in the ID3 tags. More attention will be given to updating entagged-sharp to these changes if not already done.
- Integrate C# CC license wrappers
- Add icons to represent each license property
Mid-project (June 30)
- Add claim validation functionality
- Write necessary network code
- Implement XML parsing of page claim validation
- Banshee plugin abstraction (tentative)
- Modify and update Banshee plugin API to handle database and library view access
- Abstract Banshee-ccLicenser to plugin API