Revision as of 16:36, 26 October 2007 by Nathan Yergler (Moving discussion to the Talk page where it belongs.)
A Creative Commons Add-in for OpenOffice.org would allow license information to be embedded in OpenOffice.org Writer, Impress and Calc documents.
- Browse code at http://cctools.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cctools/ccooo/ or checkout from https://cctools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cctools/ccooo/
- Needs UI cleanup
- Needs packaging(?) and release
- Use the Creative Commons web services to display a licensing dialog and generate licensing information
- available for Python
- available for Java
- can be encapsulated as an uno service if needed
- Store license URI, properties and/or RDF in the document file
- OOo user defined metadata can be used (metadata renamed and string stored)
- Insert license declaration text (see discussion below)
- Make license text available as Auto Text. Just like a page number or "Author" auto text, this could be inserted in the footer of a document. If the license for the document was updated, the text would be updated as well.
- translation ?
- Educational component (wizard) assists people in selecting appropriate license types for their desires
- Display license information when opening CC licensed documents
- Summer of Code Project: “OpenOffice.org Writer Add-in for Publishing CC Licensed Documents”
- thread on cc-devel from January 2006: Adding CC License to open office as part of Open Office menu options, 
- CreativeCommons OASIS Open Office Module
- thread on cc-metadata from February 2004: CC metadata in OpenOffice.org/OASIS documents, , , , , , 
- thread on cc-metadata from March 2004: CC OASIS Open Office draft updated,