A Creative Commons Add-in for OpenOffice.org would allow license information to be embedded in OpenOffice.org Writer, Impress and Calc documents.
- Use the Creative Commons web services to display a licensing dialog and generate licensing information
- available for Python
- available for Java
- can be encapsulated as an uno service if needed
- Store license URI, properties and/or RDF in the document file
- OOo user defined metadata can be used (metadata renamed and string stored)
- Insert license declaration text
- What about languages ?
- Possibly in a hidden section ?
- Make license text available as Auto Text. Just like a page number or "Author" auto text, this could be inserted in the footer of a document. If the license for the document was updated, the text would be updated as well.
- translation ?
- Would a straight up core addition to OpenOffice.org be more desirable than a plug-in? Jon Phillips 18:08, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- I do not think so. Uno Framework and Extensions project is designed for such uses Laurent Godard
- Of note there are two open issues on the OpenOffice issue tracker in relation to this, Equivalent of Creative Commons Add-in for Microsoft Office (Opened June 2006) and Marking documents with Creative Commons license metadata (Opened May 2004). there are not many votes for either and now indication of how it would be implemented --Miguelpdl 11:50, 17 July 2006 (UTC)