A Creative Commons Add-in for OpenOffice.org would allow license information to be embedded in OpenOffice.org Writer, Impress and Calc documents.
- Use the Creative Commons web services to display a licensing dialog and generate licensing information
- available for Python
- available for Java
- Store license URI, properties and/or RDF in the document file
- OOo user defined metadata can be used (matada renamed and string stored)
- Insert license declaration text
- What about languages ?
- Possibly in a hidden section ?
- Make license text available as Auto Text. Just like a page number or "Author" auto text, this could be inserted in the footer of a document. If the license for the document was updated, the text would be updated as well.
- Would a straight up core addition to OpenOffice.org be more desirable than a plug-in? Jon Phillips 18:08, 6 July 2006 (UTC)