This page details Creative Commons and the Creative Commons Community's involvement in the One Laptop Per Child project. This page really detailed the earlier effort of Creative Commons to help on the OLPC project, but now the current work is on the OLPC wiki.
- liblicense handles licensing for the free and open desktop. The major work on this is done and patches are into OLPC on this.
- OLPC comic activity: Latest version is v. 3, download the .xo!
Open Content Portal
NOTE: This work is now being folded into the Open Library project.
- focused on children (and other users)
- allows both upload/download
Find and Publish Mechanism
COMPLETE: This work is now complete and and called liblicense. There are other standards for empowering this, but lets consider this a good job done.
- (DONE) Software on device enables find and publish
- (DONE)Develop GTK-based license chooser that hooks into desktop as control panel
- (DONE)Idea is for this to be skinned with sugar and put in so that each user on a system might select the default license
- (DONE)Develop KDE-based license chooser
- (DONE)Allows for proper licensing (although, how does one explain this to kids?)
- Mockups of the Integration
- (WONTFIX) Get all content on the device licensed with CC licenses
- (DONE) Get all documentation and printed matter CC licensed
- (TODO) Make a licensing activity that explains licensing and how it works on the OLPC