Revision as of 22:24, 25 January 2009 by Chriswaterguy (blog posts by Rob Myers; note on Appropedia link)
Links: Arguments for and against
- Does the Noncommercial Creative Commons license make sense? (CNet blog post, November 27, 2007). "Especially in today's world of interlocking personal and professional lives, defining where "noncommercial use" begins and ends can get extraordinarily tricky."
- Non-commercial licenses vs free licenses (on Appropedia - the problems of NC licenses in the context of sharing knowledge sustainability and international development.)
Blog posts by Rob Myers:
- The NonCommercial Fallacy, August 17, 2004, Fallacy: "NC stops anyone who uses the work from making money off of it."
- The NonCommercial Fallacy Revisited, October 16, 2005. "How to make money off of CC-NC music..."
- The NonCommercial Fallacy Three, October 23, 2005. Fallacy: "I don't mind other people using my work but if they make money off it I want my cut."
- Why The NC Permission Culture Simply Doesn't Work, November 8, 2006.
- NonCommercial Sharealike Is Not Copyleft, February 24, 2008.
- The Emerging NC Consensus, July 23, 2008.