Musicians and CC
Learn more about how musicians use Creative Commons licenses in their work.
- Ancient Free Gardeners: Ancient Free Gardeners is an indie-rock band in Melbourne, Australia, using Creative Commons licences to distribute their music.
- Christopher Willits: Willits is a prominent experimental musician from the San Francisco Bay area.
- Jonathon Coulton: Jonathan Coulton is an independent/unsigned singer-songwriter who utilises Creative Commons licences to help promote his music via free downloads.
- Monk Turner: Monk Turner is a musician of eclectic taste and an approach to releasing albums that involves CC licensing through the internet archive.
- Pig Head Skin: Yueh-hsin Chu (a.k.a. Pig Head Skin) is an independent musician/producer in Taiwan, and leads the band Jesus Rocks! The band released an album of the same name in October 2004 under a Creative Commons License.
- Topology: Topology is an internationally acclaimed Brisbane-based new music ensemble.
- Yunyu: Yunyu is a successful unsigned singer/songwriter in Sydney, Australia, who uses Creative Commons licences for promotional purposes.
This list is a dynamically generated for all case studies of creators which involve music