- CC Marker: A graphic or line of text stating the license
- For documents which support images, marks should ideally include the CC icons and full URI to the license.
- For plain text documents, the CC icons may be replaced with the name of the license or the abbreviation (eg. CC-BY-SA)
- Copyright Statement: A line of text stating the author(s), date, & copyright
- May be followed by "Some Rights Reserved"
- example: © Name 2007, Some Rights Reserved
- For longer works, consider including the common deed or legal deed.
CC-BY-SA © Name 2007, Some Rights Reserved Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0. You are free: * to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work * to Remix — to adapt the work Under the following conditions: * Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work). * Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license. * For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page. * Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder. * Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
- Publish: Guidelines & standards for marking your images on:
Free Culture, Larry Lessig [Image:Unported.png]