Los Angeles Salon
Wednesday, April 16th, 2008
- Rex Bruce, director of the Los Angeles Center for Digital Art
- Will screen a video he directed that uses public domain imagery from the US Military. It will play at the Centre Pompidou as well.
- Holly Willis, Director of Academic Programs at the Institute for Multimedia Literacy
- Presenting on art in Second Life an the interaction this plays with Creative Commons licensing
- Jack Lerner, Acting Director, USC Intellectual Property and Technology Law Clinic
- Presenting on the upcoming U.S. Presedential Election in relation to copyright law and issues of Free Culture
- Chris Weisbart, Multimedia Designer and Michael Wilson
- Presenting on using open source technology in museums and demonstrating a holographic projection system they've recently built into an interactive exhibit
- 7:30-9:30 PM
- Presentations and Q&A.
- The CC Salon returns to LA with a greater focus content creators and how CC-licences can help get people's creative works to a wider audience.