Low-level license metadata integration for applications.
liblicense provides a straight-forward way for developers to build license-aware applications. liblicense utilizes a pluggable module system for reading and writing metadata from specific file types, allowing extensibility for specific content types.
- Extract and write license information for files
- Supports enumeration of available licenses
- Wraps internationalized license information for Creative Commons licenses
- Bindings for dynamic languages (currently Python and Ruby)
- Extensible support for file types using module system
- No specific GUI library dependency allows applications to build the graphical chooser most appropriate for their platform.
- Supports verification URLs for metadata verification
- Latest Release from Sourceforge.net
- Checkout liblicense module from SVN
- Debian and Ubuntu repositories.
- Read the tutorial.
- Release History and Roadmap
- Desktop Integration
- RDF Reference
- Library Documentation (generated from source)