Note that the JsWidget is currently under development but a 0.2 preview is available.
This widget generated will be similar to the chooser currently deployed at CC Labs.
The following is a simple example of how the widget would be included in a page to create a license selector.
<html> <head> <title>Example Widget Page</title> </head> <body> . . . <div id="cc_widget_container"> <script src="http://api.creativecommons.org/jswidget/tags/0.2/complete.js"></script>
. . . </body> </html>
You can play with a 0.2 pre-release right now!
- 2007-07-25: Released 0.2. The UI now doesn't ask or contain spurious questions, plus translation is halfway there.
- 2007-07-19: Released 0.1. Don't try to use this in production, but DO let us know how it fits into your systems and what you would want us to change.
The following list of goals reminds us what we want out of JsWidget. You can expect most of it for 1.0.
- Generate HTML suitable for use in a form which presents the basic license selector
- Provide compatibility with all A-grade browsers
- Provide up to date license information by
- Support new, expanded metadata including attributionName, attributionUrl and morePermissions.